Thursday 7 June 2012

Whitby

I haven't updated my blog for a little while so will write a bit about my recent trip to Whitby.

We drove down on Monday, (well my husband did as I have refused to drive for the last twelve years due to the amount of traffic and idiots on the roads.). This was a great opportunity to test our new car over a bit of distance and it ran beautifully on the motorway. It is a Nissan Qashqai and it's only faults are, it doesn't pull away well in first gear and doesn't like steep hills, otherwise it performed very well. We had a pretty easy run down but when we arrived in Whitby it was absolutely mobbed and it took a while to get through the town and over an hour and a half to find a parking place. We hadn't thought about the fact it would be the Jubilee when we booked.

After eventually getting parked, we checked out the accommodation  which was excellent and nice and central, dumped our bags there and went for a welcome couple of pints.We got fish and chips on way back and then just went back to flat and relaxed and I did some sewing.

The next day we went for a wander through the town and founds some lovely little shops including a great second hand book shop where I got yet another astrology book. This was followed by a lovely lunch where we got chatting to a lovely old couple. After returning to the flat for a while, we went out for dinner and a couple of drinks for my belated 50th birthday.

However, the highlight of my trip was meeting the lovely @karenspix and her husband. We first started chatting on twitter then began writing to each other so it was fantastic to finally meet her. We got on really well and I finally finished knitting and sewing her blanket just in the nick of time. We had lunch and chatted all afternoon.It was an absolutely lovely day.

I will certainly  be returning to Whitby again.

No comments:

Post a Comment