Saturday 30 June 2012

Happiness

My blogs recently seem to have been a little to serious so it's time to look at the other side of life.

To me, the whole happiness thing is about who you have around you and it's often just about simplicity. It's about being loved and returning that love. It really is that simple.

My personal happiness is all wrapped up in one sweet bundle called Denzil, Rachel, Sian, Weeboy and Suzy. :-). This is my own personal wee family and they give me great joy. This family will grow and already has with my introduction to my daughter's lovely boyfriend, some eight months ago. Jason is such a nice person and just feels like one of my family now. Of course, I have a far more extended family and love all of them too, but there is something terribly special about your own , closest ones. I don't think I have put this very well but I know what I mean. Incidentally, Wee boy and Suzy are my beautiful cats.

To add to this, where would I be without my friends? Old or new, they give me so much, whether it be reminiscing with my two best friends from primary one (forty five years ago, scary to think where time has gone) or walking with my friend of five years to Loch Lomond or visiting the lovely old lady who so warmly welcomed me when I moved here. Another new friend I met on twitter and was so pleased to meet her in real life. The lovely @KarensPix . I have lots of other lovely twitter friends too though haven't physically met them, but they brighten my day.

Happiness is seeing my two little nieces and granddaughter running around together, having a laugh about old times with my brothers, listening to classical music and remembering the past with my mum, laughing at my husband's banter with my dad.

It's easy to see all the negative sides of life at times, but it's equally easy to see the positive sides

No comments:

Post a Comment