Sunday 27 May 2012

Summer heat

I have just been asked when my next posting on my blog will be, and as this week will be busy, there is no time like the present.

Well I must say summer has most definitely arrived and much as I love the warmth of the sun, I'm finding it quite hard to cool down. I even borrowed Denzil's fan tonight which is a new experience for me as normally I am sitting by my heater. Lol.

I must say that my front garden is looking at it's best just now if you ignore the weeds in between. My poennie roses are in full bloom and are gorgeous, the  "London Pride" makes a lovely border and I have other pretty plants in bloom. Unfortunately, they all come out at this time and I have nothing planted for later but it's lovely for now.I did cut the grass yesterday amongst it's dandelions, daisys and buttercups which I actually think look pretty but gardeners of the true type would not agree. Weeds are merely wild flowers and have their place. I get lots of poppies seeding and I think they are pretty but again, I have been told they are a weed.

Whilst I find such heat a bit difficult to cope with at night, one of my favourite things of this time of year is the mass of colour around.. It's just lovely.

Still on the subject of gardens and heat, my potatoes are certainly pleased. :-). I have planted two tubs and they are coming up well now. I can't wait to eat them. Nothing tastes better than newly dug up potatoes smothered in butter. May not be healthy but they are just divine.

I'm feeling very sorry for my mum being stuck in hospital  during this beautiful spell but I have to say that she was looking very much better than before she was admitted. The nurses, doctors and everyone seem to have been very efficient and attentive which is good to hear nowadays when they have had a certain amount of bad press. Hopefully she will get home mid-week.

Another result of this warm weather is it makes my cats sleep a lot, though on saying that, they have decided to wake up now and start playing. Well, they are nocturnal animals. :-). (A bit like their owner, or maybe I should change that as I think they actually own me.). :-). They also don't eat as much but I suppose that's just like humans as my appetite is less when it's hot.

Will finish up now as heading off to Balfron tomorrow to take Sian to nursery then she will come back here and stay overnight. Hope I can sleep! No duvet tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment