Tuesday 12 June 2012

Twitter

Now here I can write about something I really enjoy but I rather think that not all will agree with me.

I have only been able to use a computer for just over a year and now I wonder why I was so against it before as it is a wonderful tool. I use email, you tube, and google is great but I have to say, I am well impressed with twitter. On this sight I have met lots of lovely people and have met my friend @KarensPix whom I would never have known otherwise and she is just great.

I fairly regularly meet up with two friends I have known since Primary 1 and we always have a great time and a laugh but I think, they think, I am quite mad for using twitter as they are not "in" to such things but I would say, "Don't mock what you haven't tried". They have the opinion that it is very risky talking to "strangers" and whilst I must admit there is certainly some truth in this, I think this also applies to anyone you meet or talk to in any walk of life. There are good and bad people everywhere. I should incidentally qualify that I have physically met my friend and acknowledge that I use the word "met" too often and haven't used it in best context. Lol.

I nearly gave up twitter altogether back in January as my twitter account was hacked and I found the whole experience very upsetting. I got really paranoid and it took me ages before I would write freely again as I was so mistrustful. However, my dear and patient husband, knowing how much I enjoyed it, persuaded me to give it another go and so I did. I must have been "driving him daft" as I asked him to wipe my computer in case it had some awful virus but I think it was just a "twitter" hack. This is one of the negative sides of twitter and probably other sites too, but I know nothing of them. I don't understand why anyone does this sort of thing, but I have always tried to see the good in people and can be naive at times. I am working on this.

I do not by any means speak to everyone I follow and should probably make more effort to reduce my list but I never quite get round to it. I do , however like speaking to my regular friends and sometimes you get talking to new people by just responding to a comment or someone responding to one of yours. I must say that I couldn't care less how many followers I have, that is something I don't really understand. what's the point if you don't converse?

Many people say twitter should not be used for self-promotion but I do not particularly agree unless that is the sole use of twitter. It is a good way to get recognition of your skills and I can't see that as being wrong.
People should share their talents with each other and to me it promotes warmth and kindness between each other.

For me, who is usually a little reticent in speaking my true mind, I'm getting a little bolder so I hope I do not upset anyone with my opinion. It felt liberating to write it. Other's do so maybe I can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment