Thursday 21 June 2012

Confidence

I was speaking to a lady on twitter recently, whom is a lovely person, and she said she enjoyed my blog and admired my inner confidence. I was truly amazed that I had come across as confident as nothing could be further from the truth as I have lacked it all my life. I think perhaps, that this medium suits me as I can just say what I am thinking without interruption or having to compete with others to make my voice heard.

As a child, and being involved in musical pursuits, there were times I had to compete and I cannot describe how much I hated that. I remember playing violin in the Falkirk festival and being so nervous, my violin was bouncing up and down as I was shaking so much. I don't think competing is a very good way of judging a person's ability and it's completely up to personal taste at times. I just wasn't good at this, though I sat my grades on piano and one exam on violin and was fine on a one to one basis and did well in exams; I just hated performing to an audience and being judged.

Here is the difference between a personality like mine and those of my brothers. Both performed in bands on stage and revelled in it. It's not to say they weren't nervous, I suspect they just believed in themselves more than I did. It was always a dream of mine, I just couldn't handle the nerves.

However, confidence can be attained, you just have to work at it like everything else. It is also helped by people who care about you helping to build it. For this I thank my dear husband  @lochlomonden for teaching me what is important and what is not and to believe I can actually learn new skills. If not for him, I wouldn't be writing this now as I didn't think I would ever be able to work a computer.


Well just a short entry, but for all of you who doubt that you can achieve , go for it and believe in yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment