Thursday 12 July 2012

Next cat

To continue on my cat theme, I am going to write about my beautiful little cat "Mo".

After the disappearance of my gorgeous "Tiger", whom I missed greatly, I heard of a litter of kittens from a friend. Her cat had had a litter of four kittens and "Mo" was the tiniest. She was absolutely lovely and I instantly fell in love with her. She was a black cat, quite similar to "Suzy" who I have now. However she had a completely different personality.

"Mo" was a tree climber from the beginning and I still laugh at the memory of her getting stuck up a tree as a kitten at my Granddad's, just before we were about to leave for the train. He had to get out a stepladder to rescue her, but I rather think she could quite easily have climbed down. I think she just liked his garden. :-). Anyway, we made the train in the end. She probably didn't want to go in the cat box. That's fair enough.

"Mo", like "Tiger",was a very affectionate little cat but didn't have "Tiger"s following me everywhere instincts. Maybe that's a Tabby trait which I will go into more detail later on my four Tabbies. She would curl herself around my neck when she wanted petted and had a very loud "purr".

She liked my mother's Copper Beech tree too and spent many an hour up there watching what ever she wanted to. The tree is now more mature (obviously) as it was just a young tree when my dad transplanted it from my Uncle's garden in Devon and now it is just lovely. Incidentally, when I was young and fit, I spent a bit of time up that tree myself so I can see the attraction of just being there. However, I don't suppose "Mo" wanted to read as I did. Lol.

I had "Mo" for five lovely years until she became a victim of traffic. It still makes me sad to remember but she had her freedom. Later I will write on why I have house cats now, but this is the first clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment