Wednesday 12 September 2012

Peace

What a lovely word this is: touches the soul of all of us, as who would not want it?

We live in such a busy world, that we barely take time to be, at all, and this isn't really what it should all be about. Ideally, we should be productive and 'follow our hearts', yet have some form of relaxation in between ; however, life rarely allows this to happen. Always there are responsibilities , a normal part of everyone's lives, which should be 'honoured' and dealt with, however, there is also your own 'soul' and 'persona' to be considered.

My dear mother always has told me that "if you spread your self to thin", (no idea where that expression comes from?), then you won't be able to help anyone". I'm not entirely sure that I agree but there is a point there that has some truth. I rather would like to argue, that even if you pass on just a little bit of your heart, then you have hopefully done something positive ; on saying that, there is nobody kinder than my mother as she has a "heart of gold".- good cliché.

To get to the point that I am always so slow to reach, for now, I do feel peaceful. I have my cats, my fire and I am writing a load of 'rubbish', but it is making me feel good, so can't in my opinion be a bad thing.

In my far,distant past, in my days of depression, I desperately searched for peace and could not find it anywhere. I tried to do everything to help myself, took lots of advice, got so muddled up with all of it, then one day, helped by my friend, I realised I just had to be myself , and there lay the road to happiness.

That is the only way anyone can find inner peace- just be who you actually are. :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment