Thursday 30 August 2012

The little things that "touch" your soul.

There are many occasions in life where we meet people we naturally 'Gel' with and like immediately. So often though, you swap phone numbers, and never encounter the person again. This was not the case today.

About three weeks ago, my husband and myself went out to celebrate that he had just signed a deal with a publisher on his first crime thriller, in fact his first novel, which may I say is rather wonderfully written and very compelling. For anyone interested, it is called "Whisky from small glasses" by D.A.Meyrick and is available from RingwoodPublishing.com .

The evening started by meeting a very lovely old man who told us stories of his experiences in the second world war, then later we met a very nice "couple" who were on a "short break" for the lady's sixtieth birthday ; like me, she is Scottish and we found many things to chat about. I really liked her and she seemed a little perturbed at the end of the evening, so I gave her my phone number.

Tonight, whilst doing my usual routine, I got a phone call out of the "blue" and she decided to "call" me as she had enjoyed our conversation and wanted to chat some more. It was completely unexpected and I feel quite honoured that she did so ; hard to explain, but it 'touched my heart' that I made enough of an impression on her that she would contact me. Rarely on a 'random' meeting do we actually contact the person again.

Anyway, I will speak with her again as she bothered enough to phone me. I'm still quite amazed actually that she felt she wanted to keep in touch after such a brief meeting. That has actually made my day.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment